Air Handler Repair, Installation & Replacement
Get Air Handler Services In Boise Idaho
From “The Right Now Guys.”
Hire AC pros that deliver precisely what they promise
- Upfront pricing
- Written agreements
- Customer guarantees
Is the cool air in your home not circulating? Your air handler may need repair. Call (208) 939-4475 for Boise air handler repair, installation & replacement.
An air handler unit (AHU) plays a vital role in an air conditioning system. Its role is to circulate and regulate cool air within a home. If you’ve noticed poor circulation with your home, it’s time for a repair job. Right Now Heating and Air Conditioning has a team of skilled technicians with experience repairing, installing and replacing air handlers in all types of air conditioning systems.
Call us for same-day service throughout Southern Idaho, including areas in and around Boise, Caldwell, Pocatello and Nampa, ID, . All of our technicians are fully insured, licensed and adhere to our Code of Ethics and Competency Guide to provide top-notch service. Click here to see customer testimonials.
Common Problems with Air Handlers
An air handler unit contains a blower (fan), cooling elements, filter racks, dampers and sound silencers or attenuators. Here are a few common problems that air handlers encounter:
- Clogged Fan. Without regular cleaning, dust and debris can build-up inside the AHU and clog the fan. While the fan will still spin, air may not be coming out.
- Mold Growth. Mold growth occurs on the blower fan from excessive moisture. Mold often smells mildewy or musty, so if you detect an unusual odor, check for mold growth. Blowing mold spores around a house is not an ideal situation.
- Old Age. Most air handlers have a lifespan of 10 years. If your air handler is aging, it is more prone to leaking coils, broken-down components and electrical problems. Replace your old air handler before it completely breaks down.
During Idaho’s hot summer months, condensation forms in the pan below the air handler. This causes algae to form. Algae growth can quickly clog the drain line which causes the pan to fill and spill out.
Sign You Need an Air Handler Replacement
While repairs often help, there are times when you should replace your handler. Here are a few signs to look for:
- Inefficient Cooling. Maybe some rooms have cool air, while others feel warm. An AHU which does not perform its main function — to circulate and regulate air needs to be replaced.
- Rust is not your friend. Rust causes metal components to deteriorate and eventually break. Rust also is an indicator that you may have had some leaking, another sign that your AHU is on its last legs.
- High Energy Bills. What used to be a reasonable energy bill has now ballooned out of control. New air handler units all must meet minimum SEER (seasonal energy-efficiency rating) standards for improved efficiency and quality.
Our Other Cooling Services
Read Our Reviews From Past Customers
Right Now Heating and Air Conditioning pulls permits on all new installations ensuring a job is well-done. Call us at (208) 939-4475 for professional air handler services in Boise and surrounding areas.