Boise Ductless Mini Split AC Repair & Installation
Cool your home efficiently and save money on energy bills. Call us at (208) 939-4475 for professional Boise mini split AC repair and installation services.
If you don’t require or want a conventional central air conditioning system, then a ductless mini split AC system may be just right for you. These small, portable units provide cool air within selected areas or rooms of your home.
Right Now Heating and Air Conditioning is proud to serve all of Southern Idaho, including areas in and around Boise, Caldwell, Pocatello and Nampa, ID. We pull permits on all installations ensuring our job meets industry standards. Click here to read what customers think about our service.
What Exactly is a Mini Split Air Conditioning System?
These powerful, compact air conditioning systems are ideal for heating up part of a house. Unlike central air conditioning systems which are hooked up to existing forced-air furnaces and utilizing ductwork, ductless mini split AC units don’t require ductwork.
Just like a central air conditioning unit, ductless AC units also have an indoor and outdoor component. Outdoor units are typically mounted onto exterior walls. One or more outdoor unit may be required depending on the needs of your household. Multiple indoor air handling units can also be used and can be mounted on walls, ceilings or floors. This flexible configuration allows each room with an indoor component to be set to a different temperature.
Who Should Use a Ductless Mini Split AC System?
Ductless mini split AC systems are growing in popularity, even amongst homeowners with existing ductwork. Here are a few common applications of the system:
- People living in multi-family buildings
- Commercial businesses
- Residential homes with a recent addition, or homes with ‘non-ducted’ heating systems
- Anyone concerned with reducing energy consumption and bills
Benefits of a Ductless Mini Split AC System
- Energy savings. Only cool the rooms or areas that you use. When you aren’t at home, you can adjust the thermostats accordingly to save on energy consumption.
- Heat and cool your home. If you live in a warmer climate, a ductless mini split AC system can also heat your home through reversible heat pumps.
- Quick and easy installation. Skilled technicians perform a few load calculations prior to installation, but the actual installation is relatively quick compared to that of a central AC system.
- Increase efficiency. Central air conditioning systems experience some energy loss when air is pushed through the ducting system. Since ductless mini split AC systems have components in the room you wish to cool, you’ll enjoy cool air directly.
- Configurable. These systems are flexible and can be configured to your liking. The small, unobtrusive indoor units can be tucked away (up on a wall, ceiling or floor).
Enjoy the long-term energy savings of a ductless mini split AC system. Call Right Now Heating and Air Conditioning at (208) 939-4475 for installation or repair services in Boise or surrounding areas.