Boise Coil Cleaning & Repair Services
Is your air conditioning system leaking and not properly cooling your home? Call (208) 939-4475 for expert Boise evaporator coil cleaning and repair services.
When it is scorching hot outside and your air conditioning system is breaking down, you might panic. If the problem is with the evaporator coil, we can help. The evaporator coil is a component of an AC unit that commonly needs regular cleaning or repair.
Enjoy reliable same-day service throughout Southern Idaho, including areas in and around Boise, Caldwell, Pocatello or Nampa, ID. If you’re not happy with the service our licensed and insured technicians provide, we’ll give you your money back, guaranteed. Click here to see what former customers think of our services.
What Does an Evaporator Coil do in my AC System?
An evaporator coil plays an important role within an air conditioning system. It acts as a heat exchanger by subtracting the hot air within a home and transferring it to the exterior condenser unit which cools the air inside a home. Running through the evaporator coil are coolants such as Freon or Puron. As these coolants move through the evaporator coil (typically made of copper), they evaporate, drawing hot air into the coil and transferring it outside.
Common Issues with Evaporator Coils
- Dust and dirt build-up. As natural household dirt, dust and debris collects on the evaporator coil, it creates a buffer between warm air and the coolant within the coils. You may notice your AC system is not producing cool air anymore. If you smoke inside your home, tobacco smoke can increase the debris build-up on the evaporator coil.
- Blocked drain causes leaking. On hot days, the evaporator coils carry condensation droplets. Normally these water droplets collect into the pan and drain way. A clogged drain can cause the pan to overflow and leak water.
- Frozen coils. While it might seem odd that your evaporator coils can freeze even when it’s not cold outside, the coolant has a different freezing point than water. Frozen coils don’t produce cooler air — instead the frozen state prevents the coils from properly transferring heat to the outside of your home.
Benefits of Maintaining the Evaporator Coil
With regular maintenance and repair, a smooth-running evaporator coil helps:
- Provide cooler air
- Require less energy to produce the same level of cool air
- Prevent water leaks which can damage floors, ceilings or walls
- Reduce the need for costly repairs later on
Let a Professional Help You
While you may be tempted to try to repair the evaporator coil yourself, a skilled technician can help provide quick and professional service saving you time and potential problems. The evaporator coils are quite delicate and can be easily damaged by using the wrong types of equipment or cleaning solutions.
Don’t let dirt build-up on your evaporator coil decrease the comfort of your home. Call Right Now Heating and Air Conditioning at (208) 939-4475 for reliable evaporator coil cleaning and repair services in Boise and the surrounding areas.