Boise Furnace Repair & MaintenanceDon’t be stuck in the freezing cold with a broken down furnace. Call us at (208) 939-4475 for professional Boise heating repair and maintenance services.
When you first experience a cold night huddled under blankets due to a furnace breakdown, you understandably panic. A furnace plays such a key role in providing a safe and comfortable home, yet we don’t maintain it as often as we should. Right Now Heating and Air Conditioning provides customers in Boise, Caldwell, Pocatello, Nampa, and all of Southern Idaho with 24/7 emergency repair service. Click here to see customer reviews.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Repair
- Age. Lifespan ranges between 16 to 20 years. Is it hard to find replacement parts because your furnace is now outdated?
- Ballooning gas and electric bills. Furnaces lose their efficiency over the years. It may now take twice as long to heat up your home resulting in longer usage times and higher monthly bills.
- Lots of recent breakdowns. The last 2 years of a furnace’s lifespan are filled with many breakdowns.
- Hot and cold. Some rooms may feel cozy while others may feel cool. Your furnace likely has circulation problems.
- Loud noises. Any unusual noises such as banging, rattling or squealing may indicate a problem with your furnace. If you notice your blower frequently powering on and off while blowing cold air something is definitely amiss.
- Poor air quality. Have you noticed an unusual amount of dust, or the smell or feeling of dry, stale air? An older furnace is ill-equipped to properly humidify your house and filter air particles.
- Rusting on pipes. If you’ve noticed a lot of rusting on the flue or vent pipes, or perhaps the upward draft in the chimney is non-existent, you need to be aware of a carbon monoxide leak. Sometimes a carbon monoxide leak is detected by the color of the burner flame; if the flame is yellow instead of blue contact a technician immediately.
What We Check for During a Furnace Tune-UpWe’ve found that over 90% of major problems with heating systems could have been prevented with regular maintenance. Don’t take the risk of a furnace breakdown in the middle of winter. Autumn is an ideal time to get your furnace inspected and checked before winter arrives. Right Now Heating and Air Conditioning offers a Family Plan that includes a 16 point furnace tune-up. Here are just a few of the things we check for during a furnace tune-up:
- Inspect and tighten all electrical connections and terminals.
- Clean and adjust gas burners.
- Clean the combustion chambers.
- Test and measure the igniter resistance.
- Inspect air filters.
- Test and calibrate thermostat.
- Test and inspect all safety controls.